Starting a game !
Finally, you have RPG Creator. As it is to start a game! Follow the steps below that explains step by step making your first game !
1) Create a new project
Each game is called
Project. Therefore, you must create one.
- To start a new project, you obviously clicking on
New / Open Project
- The list of projects is displayed in a window
AddProject. A wizard helps you to name and begin your project.
Note that the assistant intervenes if no project is present at the opening of RPG Creator. In this case, enter the information for your project without steps 1, 2 and 3 above.
Enter the name of your game and click
The name of your game can be modified later,
Setting > Game
Choose the type of game by clicking on the gray area. If you have editing MMORPG, you have the choice between
- Choose in the battle of your game by clicking on the gray area. For example, clicking on
A-RPG, RPG Creator will install the extension of A-RPG
- Finally, choose the default and graphics by clicking on the gray area. This will install the original data in the database and a first map.
- RPG Creator restarts.
2) Get acquainted with RPG Creator
After creating the project, you arrive on this interface :
A right (1), you have the background of the map is on the left (3). The decor consists of several tiles.
Tool lets you draw on the map (2). Trying.
- Click on a tile decor. (1) You can select more than one by holding down the left click of your mouse.
- In the toolbar, choose the pencil to draw (2).
- Draw on the map with the left button of your mouse (3).
The map has three layers for the drawing. For example, to place a tree and have no white outline, stand on the middle layer:
You have more details in Layers
3) Create my own map
Well, you know how to draw on the map. But how to create a map with your own decor ?
Add a material
Firstly, you must add your own graphics resource.
- Click on
Click on the gray area to add a tileset
Select a file and put a name. Then click
Okto start uploading the image.
- When uploading is finished, the window automatically closes and your tileset appears in the list.
Add the tileset in the database
Add a picture does not mean that you can use directly on your map, you must first add the
Tilesets tab on the database.
- Add a setting by clicking on the add icon (1)
- A new entry has been added to the list of data. It represents your new tileset(2).
- Select the material previously uploaded (3).
- The tileset appears. The symbols used to indicate the passibility or the superposition of a tile.
Create a new map
To create a new map, click the tab
Map and the icon on the far left of the toolbar
The list of maps of the project is displayed. You can edit or delete.
- Create a map by clicking on the button
Add a mapat the bottom of the window.
On the new window, you can put a name, size but also tileset previously added to the database. Select it and click
The card is added. You get the map editor with your tileset and a map completely blank
You can draw your first map !
4) Add a character
The map drawn, you want to add a character.
- Click the
Eventlayer. A grid appears.
- Click on a location on the map to place the character.
- Double click or click the icon to add an event on the toolbar.
- A window prompts you for the type of event to add. Click on the first :
The new window allows you to configure the new event.
Choose the graphical appearance of the character (2)
Then click on the first entry in the command list of event (1)
Click the icon to add (2)
Event commands are displayed. They can provide actions, situations, etc.. Click on the first
Show a text
Enter text and click
OK. The command is then displayed in the list.
You can add more to build your story. For now, we'll leave this message. Click
Okto confirm your event. The character appears on the map.
5) Place the starting position of the hero
- Go to
Settings > Game.
Click on the right list and click the location on the map on the left
Validate by clicking on
6) Test the game
Click the icon to compile and test the game
> Compiling, RPG Creator creates static files recoverable.
Gorgeous ! The game works great!